Essential Motivational Interviewing SkillsTags: Drug & Alcohol Counselling, Motivating Change, Training
Motivational Interviewing provides a set of pragmatic strategies to facilitate behaviour change, helping to overcome resistance in clients and guide them towards change. It is a client centred approach designed to explore and resolve ambivalence. Originally developed to help people change addictive behaviours, it can be applied to any area of behaviour change.
This 2 day ‘hands on’ course is aimed at workers in a range of settings. It can help those who wish to increase their potential for bringing about positive change in people they work with. It will provide participants with the key skills of Motivational Interviewing and enhance their confidence.
- The spirit and principles underlying Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- To introduce the keytechniques of MI
- The concept of motivation and how it relates to behavioural change
- Skills for assessing and matching interventions to readiness to change
- How to engage people and deal with resistance
- Developing self-efficacy
- How to negotiate action steps
To book Click Here