- This event has passed.
Working with Complex Needs (Introduction to Dual Diagnosis)
December 4, 2013
Dual Diagnosis is a new label for an old issue; that is people who have mental health problems and also use or are dependent upon drugs/alcohol. This one-day introductory course will enable participants to understand the often confused and contested debate around dual diagnosis and the difficulties involved in trying to access services. It will also focus on best practice when working with clients who have complex needs.
- Identifying the connection between drugs, alcohol and mental health
- Recognising the challenges of effective inter-agency working
- Increasing participants confidence when working with complex needs
- Drugs and mental health – concepts/definitions/interactions
- Categories of mental health problems
- Problems associated with Dual Diagnosis
- Department of Health Guidelines and Good Practice
To book Click Here