- This event has passed.
Skills for Working with Low Self Esteem
March 28, 2014£85
A strong sense of self-worth and a positive self-image are essential for all of us to thrive. When clients struggle with low self-esteem, this can impact on all areas of their lives. Many, including those struggling to find work, women recovering from abusive relationships and young people may experience uncertainty and self-doubt. This can lead to feelings of inadequacy and powerlessness.
This one day course is aimed at workers in a range of settings who want to add to their skills to help clients gain practical strategies to improve their confidence and well-being. Understanding low self-esteem, how it develops and what keeps it going can enable you to help people achieve their true potential.
- The signs of low self-esteem and how it affects an individual.
- How certain patterns of thinking and behaviour can end up reinforcing the problem.
- How other underlying problems can be linked to low self esteem.
- Strategies for dealing with self-criticism and promoting change through self-acceptance.
- Practical strategies from a range of approaches that can build self-esteem including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Counselling and Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
- How people can be affirmed and helped to recognise when they are making progress.
To Book Click Here