- This event has passed.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Introduction
December 3, 2013
This one-day course is designed for all those who work with people and wish to add to their therapeutic skills. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is being applied to an ever increasing number of psychological problems including anxiety, depression, PTSD and substance misuse. This approach sees the unrealistic, maladaptive or unhelpful ways in which people think about themselves and the world around them as the root of emotional issues. CBT offers powerful strategies for helping clients to change both thinking and behavioural patterns.
Course content includes:
- Understanding of the key characteristics of CBT.
- Knowledge of assessment principles in CBT.
- Exploring ways of identifying Negative Automatic Thoughts and the concept of “self fulfilling prophecies”.
- Considering some of the central methods of therapeutic interventions such as Graded Exposure, Behavioural Experiments and challenging Cognitive Distortions.
- Dealing with resistance & relapse prevention.
To book Click Here