- This event has passed.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – 3 Day Course
July 6, 2015
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is now a key psychological approach being used to help people in a range of settings. It uses evidence based skills that enable people to learn how thoughts, feelings and behaviours are linked, and the patterns that can create emotional problems. It allows people to develop an understanding of how powerful changes can come about through a step by step process by using CBT.
This 3 day experiential training programme is aimed at providing workers with a practical understanding of this increasingly influential approach to client work. Understanding and using CBT can help clients to overcome unhelpful thoughts and behaviours and contribute to their recovery and empowerment.
This programme is offered as a complete training package, participants are required to attend all sessions.
Day 1: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy-The Spirit and Principles
- What CBT is and how it can help people learn better coping skills
- Vicious cycles that perpetuate problems and keep people stuck
- Guided Discovery to help people identify and challenge negative thoughts
- A range of interventions that can increase confidence
- The role of CBT in helping people help themselves
Day 2: The Application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Part 1
- Principles of “needs” and “wants” assessment
- Using a structured approach: anxiety, depression, cravings and compulsive behaviours, including problematic drug/alcohol use.
- Behavioural experiments that encourage change in real life; putting the “B” in CBT
- Risk assessment and appropriate referrals
Day 3: The Application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Part 2
- Rising above thoughts as a new coping strategy
- Overcoming barriers by Acceptance and Compassion focus
- Mindfulness and Tolerating Distress
- Imagery and Metaphors/ story telling in CBT
Dates: Mondays 6th, 13th & 20th July 2015
To book: Contact Junaid Zico. Phone: 07725 642419 Email: Junaid@Mindful-monkey.com